To find out the percentage of a malocclusion aged 12-18 years among school going children and to assess World Health Organization [WHO] criteria of malocclusion. The study design was cross-sectional.
The study comprised of 327 subjects including 186 males and 141 females of school going age [12-18 years]. The 19.2% of the study subjects were suffering from moderate to severe malocclusion, and 35.2% were having slight malocclusion. Overall malocclusion was 54.4%, out of which 56.3% females and 42.5% were in males. More than 50% of the study subjects, suffering from malocclusion was school going children age 12-18 years. Specific treatment [strategies] modalities need to be designed in order to decrease the orthodontic [malocclusion] problems
S. Mumtaz Ali ,
Prevalence of malocclusion among school going children in north Karachi,
Ann. Abbassi Shaheed Hosp. Karachi Med. Dent. Coll. 2006;
801-806 Views : 0